FORUMS FORUM RSSrss icon

Join the teetotal debate...

Forum Jump

View Unanswered Threads
CompanyWebEd
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Join the teetotal debate...
More and more girls are deciding to forgo the hangovers and embarrasing drunken incidents by making the decision to just not drink at all! Do you agree that losing the booze is a good idea - or are tee-totallers just party poopers? Let us know your thoughts here...
doriscompany
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Re: Join the teetotal debate...
am a bit embarrassed to say this but I much prefer nights out w my drinking girlies! Does that make me bad person?
champoodle
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I agree with ditching the binging i mean i can understanding having a few drinks but going over the top and forgeting the whole night waking up with a bad hangover and doing stupid things and possibly putting urself in danger is bit stupid. i can understand ppl drink to gain some confidence and make them get up and dance etc but it should stop there and people shouldnt pressure others into drinking when they don't want to they should take more responsability for what they are drinking than what their mates aren't tbh
woollygirl
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
No, you don't prefer going out with people who drink, you just think you do because - what? You think teetotallers are boring stick-in-the-muds who'll stand there, arms crossed, glaring at you?

I don't drink. I don't make a big deal out of it. Plenty of people think I drink as it's easier than telling them my glass only contains coca-cola. Guess what. I still like going out and having fun with friends. I can still have a good time.

I didn't choose not to drink. For medical reasons, I can't. Unless I want to risk dying, that is. Funnily enough, I don't want to. I am constantly bombarded with questions about why I don't drink whereas if you don't smoke nobody asks you endless questions about why!

Please don't pigeonhole teetotallers (or people who drink, or anyone else). Everyone is different. If you feel awkward about having friends who don't drink, try thinking about how they feel! It's not much fun for us either when people think our company isn't worth having if we're not drunk!
Pepo1
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Im having to go tee total..my binge drinking has got completely out of control in the last year and consequently has ruined my life. I have tried to give up the booze many times but always get tempted back.

Like many girls I drink to give myself confidence and because to be honest I like it and the thought of having to give it up is utterly depressing but the realisation that all my problems stem from drink has given me a wake up call. I'm worried that I will be a boring person without it and what people will think of me if I don't drink.
xxNinzxx
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I'd class myself as a binge drinker. I can never go out and just "have a few", it always turns in to a massive drinking session. It's not something I'm proud of, and I can guarentee that the next morning I regret something about the night before, or there's a huge chunk of the night missing.

I always say, tonight will be the night that I don't drink, but I always feel more confident with a few drinks down my neck.
I would never blame this on anyone else, like my friends, but as much as I try to take responsibility for my drinking on a night out, the night never seems to be regarded as a "good night" unless a lot of alcohol has been drunk.

Also, I'm at university at the moment, and there is quite a bit of pressure on you to drink.
lealea_35
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I don't drink much. I never really have, even when my friends were going out at 16 I never wanted to (I didn't look old enough for starters). I don't like the feeling of being out of control when I have been drinking, and I certainly don't like the way I feel the next morning. Why would I want to lose a day of my precious weekend due to an all day hangover?

Of course people don't understand that. Most people don't like people who don't drink because they either think they are boring or, even worse, will remember and recount to them word for word everything that they said and did whilst stupid and drunk. If you are not drinking it makes them feel guilty about drinking themselves, so they don't want you around making them feel guilty. Well I personally don't really care whether you are drinking or not, so if you feel guilty mate, then I suggest its your problem, not mine.
madhatter181
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I just read the very smug article and it made me so angry!! I drink, because i enjoy drinking!! not because I want to "mask my personality" or a "confidence boost" Drinking is a social activity and something we have been doing for thousands of years and when done right is great! I can't stand all these so called teetoltallers who think they are far superior because they refrain form it! And their examples of times they drank and had bad experiences? I believe that is down to self control and not alcohol! I am not discarding the fact that people do abuse alcohol, but that certainly isn't me or any of my friends! I will drink if i want to! stop putting a downer on our party and drink your coke in silence please!
lealea_35
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
madhatter181 - I do drink my (very overpriced) coke in silence. As I said above, I don't really care if you are drinking or not. However if you have read what people were saying above, most of us who don't drink get more offensive and ridiculous comments from people who are drinking than the other way around.

At my works christmas party I had to stand there and be berated by a (drunken) colleague who took it upon himself to monitor what I was drinking to make sure I was drinking alcohol. When I wasn't - he started making annoying (and rude) comments about how I was "boring" and should "lighten up". He then proceeded to get all my other colleagues involved to complain about me. I don't recall me ever telling him he was a drunken idiot and he shouldn't drink as much as he does.
astoldbyellana
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I get too stage where I do not like going out simply because the bright lights, busy environment and the loud noise can feel very oveerwhelming and when I do which is rare alcohol is very foreign for me. But I do like odd drink with my friends at home so I am not always boring. okay the amount of alcohol a year wouldn't even make an ant drunk.
Who's online?

Join us Here
Instagram @CompanyMagazine
Join us Now!
  • Receive the Free weekly newsletter
  • Talk to forum members
  • Win 100’s of freebies
MORE CHANCES TO WIN