FORUMS FORUM RSSrss icon

Laser eye surgery

Forum Jump

View Unanswered Threads
Willows21
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Laser eye surgery
Getting ever so fed up with my glasses, now I need about 3 pairs to see where I'm going/look at the PC/read... has anyone got any experience with laser eye surgery, and long-term advice?
Aestivalis
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Re: Laser eye surgery
I recommend going to chat to someone about it first - one of my friends really wanted laser surgery and was very disappointed to find out it couldn't be performed on him due to his particular kind of short-sightedness.

I've heard good things from people who have had it done though, apparently it can make a big difference.
shoegazer26
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I had the surgery in 2010, I'd recommend you choose a reputable company and go for a free consultation to find out what they can do for you, as there are many options. As the surgery types vary and therefore the aftercare, effects from the surgery and healing times etc. also vary, I can only speak from my own experience. The surgery itself was quick, painless (until the anaesthetic wore off!) and not as bad as I expected it to be. I also was given a lifetime guarantee so I can go back for more free of charge, which I am thinking of doing soon as the sight in one of my eyes is not quite as clear as in the other. I'd definitely say go for it to anyone who is eligible
Lady_Witch
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I've had several people suggest it to me too, but my OH is dead set against it! He'd convinced it's too dangerous and will need re-doing every couple of years :P which is alright for him, he has perfect 20/20 vision!
Willows21
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Sounds like I might just consider this, thanks for your comments, food for thought
emmas_92
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I had the surgery last year with Optical Express and I cant reccommend them enough! im 20 now and i think getting it done as young as possible is the best thing as you are told that when you are in your 40s you may need glasses again but just for reading like all people of that age. SO i think getting it done young is best to get the most use of it. I have had no problems with my eyes since and it really was a 5 minute operation it was scary but didnt hurt!
emmas_92
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Person above that said you need it re-done every few years...totally false! dont listen to your husband! have a consultation and find out more from the experts! honestly i dont work for OE! just had a great experience with them!
Chane11eTollervey
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Hey! My nan had laser eye surgery done a year ago, and although she doesn't have glasses, her eyes are in constant pain:- and she needs to use eye drops 3 times a day! But i'd discuss with your doctor and get varied opinions because although my Nan's experience wasn't great, i have heard good stories aswell!

[url]www.lelapinetlapomme.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]
@pippa_tollervey
Who's online?

Join us Here
Instagram @CompanyMagazine
Join us Now!
  • Receive the Free weekly newsletter
  • Talk to forum members
  • Win 100’s of freebies
MORE CHANCES TO WIN