FORUMS FORUM RSSrss icon

Walking home after a night out

Forum Jump

View Unanswered Threads
Willows21
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Walking home after a night out
Would you say you generally still dare to walk home from a night out, or do you think it's just too dangerous nowadays?
ScrewedByHearst
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Re: Walking home after a night out
I used to live in East London and would never have walked home from a night out. In the 3 years I lived there, down my lovely quiet residential street, 2 people got mugged (one violently in the afternoon), one glassed, one beaten up and there were 3 burglaries (flat below, flat next door and flat next-door-but-one). These are the things that happened immediately by my flat, so God knows how much else happened down the rest of the road!

But I could not afford to get a taxi, and instead had to get the nightbus and walk a few mins from the bus stop to my house. I made sure I had my phone close so I could call a flatmate to meet me if I thought I was being followed.

I find it so sad that things have gone this way. On 2 separate occasions I have been touched up by strangers approaching me (once a gang of boys, once a lone man). This also happened to my sister.

I really don't know how I will sleep at night if I ever have a teenage daughter!!
Cosmopolitan sells lies to vulnerable people.Our forum was a lifeline. And now it is being closed. No explanation, nothing.
Hearst is a company run by incompetent, lying, useless fucktards
ScrewedByHearst
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
DP again

Not sure if its my computer or the website!!
Cosmopolitan sells lies to vulnerable people.Our forum was a lifeline. And now it is being closed. No explanation, nothing.
Hearst is a company run by incompetent, lying, useless fucktards
diammie
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Taxi every time! My daughter always makes sure she has enough money set aside for her taxi home when she's out with friends
Aestivalis
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I think it depends on where you are and who you're with. If I'm coming back from the pub with friends then I'll walk, but if it's further or it involves some of the dodgier areas then it's a taxi every time.
Willows21
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
So sad to hear that aelskar - I guess it depends a little bit on where you live, too - and I'm still all in favour for karate lessons for all girls at school!
Lady_Witch
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I think it depends on just how late it is and how much I've had to drink. If I've had a lot of alcohol, no way would I risk it!

I'd rather pay for a taxi and get dropped off at my door, than risk encountering something I couldn't handle.
sp9rkles
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I wouldn't walk home alone at night. In a group would be fine depending on the area. My mum was always fearful of all the dangers that lurk out there and drummed it into me to be very careful.
ooh-la-la
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
In Canterbury where I now live I don't mind doing it as it's well lit and I don't live far from city centre. It's also the kind of town where everyone knows each other so chances are you'd see someone you knew. My mate only lives around the corner so it's rare I'm actually "alone" walking back. We tend to stick together really.

A friend was telling me though that she got groped on the tube. she feels its because she's blonde and pretty, men feel they can do this. Isn't that just the saddest, most horrible thing? I really felt for her
Anyone who lives within their means has no imagination (Oscar Wilde)
chloe5453
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
NEVER alone. Just reading what is happening in the country with the thousands of rapes and assaults that the police and social services did nothing about is enough for me to realize that I have to protect myself.
Who's online?

Kateelisabeth

Join us Here
Instagram @CompanyMagazine
Join us Now!
  • Receive the Free weekly newsletter
  • Talk to forum members
  • Win 100’s of freebies
Free StuffView all