FORUMS FORUM RSSrss icon

Living with the Boyf!!

Forum Jump

View Unanswered Threads
Holsy2010
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Living with the Boyf!!
I've recently moved in with my boyfriend of 1 year... we've been living together for about a couple of months now. We get on really well and our families and friends are really supportive, but lately I'm worried I've made a mistake!

I'm 26 and I've never lived away from home before, even when I went to uni I stayed at home (couldn't bear the thought of living with people I didn't know!) but I'm pretty independent.

My boyfriend owned his own place when I met him but we decided to find somewhere new so it was 'ours' rather than 'his' but I'm starting to realise all these annoying habits he has and I'm struggling with the fact I no longer have 'me' time as he's always around!!

I think I was a bit hasty, but do you think if I can't live with him it means I shouldn't be with him??

HELP!!
P-nut
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Re: Living with the Boyf!!
know where ur coming from its hard. i lived wiv my ex for 6months n we argued no stop 4 weeks. its hard but u get in to routine it gets easier i made sure i went out wiv my mates a lot so that we had space. 1st few motnhs are always the hardest so chill n it will get better
good luck
aimee_louise14
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Even though i've had no experience with this kind of thing, i've seen it happen to others.
I would say that knowing his bad habits helps build the relationship stronger. Don't forget he may find things in your lifestyle irritating but he's still there for you.

Focus on the positives, i know exactly how it feels to be outside your 'safe place', if you understand what i mean.
Just relax and live for the moment Make the time to have some 'me' time, maybe talk to your partner as well?

Hope it goes well!
SweetChilixxx
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Hey.

I lived with my ex bf for 2 and a half years and know where you are coming from! You do feel you lose that sense of independence, especially when your friends are all living with mates or on their own.

I'd say try and have evenings out with just your mates, then suggesthe does the same. On those nights you will have the house to yourself and can have your me time If after a few months you still feel its not working you need to tell him, its not fair on both of you.

Hope it all works out either way

xxx
Es lo que hay
Sexie-Susie
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I think couples leap into moving in together too quickly. Its a big step to lose your own space permanently.

I agree with SweetChili, if you two aren't doing so already, suggest you both go out separately with your own mates. And make it different days so that you get the flat to yourself sometimes to chillout or invite your mates round for a bottle of wine and watch a DVD

X
xxPrettyPinkPrincess...
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Hi,

I have been with my bf for almost 5 years now, met him when i was 22 and within a month we got our own place and have lived together ever since. It has worked out great, we're like best friends, we do everything together and I wouldn't have it any other way.
.. Of course you'll find habits that irritate you, it's only natural, afterall no one is perfect....

Only you know if it's right for you. I'd speak to him. Just be honest, the chances are he will start to pick up on how you feel, us women dont cover things up too well and men are more observant than we think.

Good Luck
Butterfly354
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Give it time, it might be that as everything is so new you are overly sensitive to his habits as it's such a change.
Be sure not to give up your own time with your friends, and have plenty of things separate from your boyf, so that when you do spend time together it's still exciting and new! Good Luck!
snowbunny8091
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Good advice peeps, I've never lived with a boyf so can't help- the thought does terrify me though, to the point where I think I've got too independant and I have no idea how I could cope living with someone permanently
doriscompany
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
hated living with my boyf for first six months now love it...stick with it I reckon. (tho if still feel like this in a year maybe rethink!)
DizzyMeg83
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I've been living with my boyf now nearly 4 years - and of course it's going to have its ups and downs. For the first two years we lived out of each others pockets, and we realised that after a series of blazing rows - we needed to be a bit independence. Go out with your mates and leave him missing you, always works a treat!
Who's online?

Join us Here
Instagram @CompanyMagazine
Join us Now!
  • Receive the Free weekly newsletter
  • Talk to forum members
  • Win 100’s of freebies
Free StuffView all
MORE CHANCES TO WIN