What the Casting Calls are all about for me is attitude - a big dollop of it! We need to be able to see from your pic that you love fashion, you love posing and you'd love to be in Company magazine (not easy to achieve just standing in front of a brick wall!)
But seriously, if you have it, we'll find it! Think about surprising us with your outfit (and ladies less in this case is NOT more - you're not applying to be in Nuts magazine!)
Make us see that you'll be fun to spend a day with, have a sense of humour and are confident about the way you look. You DO NOT have to be a size 8 or 10 - I promise! This is not a model search, its a search for a Company Girl who will look gorgeous in the pages of our magazine no matter what her size."
- Find a well lit place to pose - outside is always better than inside
- Check out my Editor Style Blog for outdoor background ideas - we like to use brick walls or industrial doors. Or a nice bright front door is good
- Get a good mate to take the photo who you know won't laugh at you when you do your 'pick me' face
- Pick your fave outfit that you feel confident in
Arieta Mujay is the UK PR Manager at River Island and has been with the company for 3 years. A tomboy to the core, Arieta isnt obsessed with trends or fads, her style mantra is "its not what you wear, its how you wear it." She loves coming up with innovate ways to encourage people to shop on the high street.
- Im looking for girls who stand out from the crowd and totally own every outfit they wear!
"For me, this casting call is about finding girls with that special something - and by that I don't mean a size 8 and 5ft 9" - I mean oodles of quiet confidence, a feeling that you are totally relaxed in your own skin and happy with who you are.
Please don't hide behind a thick layer of makeup or overly glamorous clothes - we want to see the real you! We want to see your own unique style and how you work the high street. Show us that you'll really enjoy the whole experience - it will make us want to style you up for a fashion or beauty story in our real reader issue. I can't wait to see your pictures!"
- Be natural; we want to see the real day-to-day you, not your Saturday night look
- Photos taken outside always look better as the light is more natural and they give your photo a more 'street style' vibe
- Confidence always shines through, so get your fave outfit on and just go for it!
Lauren Rodgers writes and co-edits Style Insider magazine alongside Dennis and also blogs, tweets and updates Facebook for River Island. She loves Scandinavian bloggers, anything monochrome and owns too many pairs of ankle boots.
- Personality is key for me. Im hoping to find girls who really come to life in front of the camera.
Theresa is the editor of Company.co.uk. She has a fairly dangerous addiction to shopping and doesn't feel complete unless she knows what's new on the high street every week. Gilets, leather jackets and denim make up the majority of her wardrobe, and you can see all her latest fashion finds and style ideas at Company.co.uk
- "Choose an outfit that you love and that makes you feel yourself - confidence always shines through."
- "Wear heels as they make you stand better, flatter and lengthen your legs and get you in the mood for posing!"
- "Remember to have fun - we want to see your personality!"
Dennis Lye designs and co-edits River Islands Style Insider magazine and blog. He has a penchant for a crisp white tee, a man clutch and a bit of African print. In his spare time, Dennis edits his own online mens magazine WWIT.
- Im looking for style chameleons - girls who are versatile enough to carry off all this seasons biggest trends.