Missed out on that coveted Topshop dress everyone had to have? Want some designer arm candy without maxing out your credit card? You need eBay. The auction site is becoming a firm favourite with fashionistas everywhere, and weve got some top tips for savvy shopping and serious savings.
Whole new wardrobe? Here we come!
Step 1 What do you want?
Whittle your wishlist down so you have a clear idea of what youre looking for otherwise youll be searching aimlessly for hours.
Step 2 Search like a pro
Be really specific with your search terms include brand names, sizes and colours to narrow down your results. Eg Topshop polka dot dress short size 12
Step 3 Dont jump straight in
If you find something you like but theres still a bit of time left on the auction, add it to your Watch List rather than placing a bid. Youll only bump the price up as people try to outbid you leave it til the last few minutes!
Step 4 Watch out for dodgy sellers
Always pay with PayPal so youre covered if your purchase turns up damaged or not as described, or doesnt turn up at all. It happens!
Top eBay tips
- Bid at the very last second use sniper tools like Goofbid to make sure you dont miss out
- Dont get caught up in a bidding war decide how much youre willing to pay and stick to it
- Look for auctions ending at weird times therell be fewer people watching at midday during the week or 3am on a Saturday. And you can use Goofbids tools here, too
- Get the eBay app for your phone it notifies you when items on your Watch List are coming to an end, so youll never miss an auction!
- Jen Holmes (www.littlebirdfashion.com)