Weve all been there your wardrobes overflowing, you have more shoes than there are days in the year (gulp) and your bank account looks distinctly empty.
If you need a clear out and some extra cash, its time to get selling on eBay. Use this step-by-step guide to make the most of your unwanted wares
Step 1 Create a great listing
Take plenty of photos of your item, making sure theyre clear and in focus. When writing a description, be honest and provide as much detail as you can.
Step 2 Think about keywords
Use searchable words in your auction title Zara brown leather brogues size 8/41 is better than brown brogues.
Step 3 If you want a good price, add a reserve
If youre selling something of value and dont want it to go for pennies, choose a minimum price youd be happy to sell it for and add that as a reserve.
Step 4 Schedule your auctions to end at key times
Set your auction to end on Sunday evening itll be top of the search results during one of eBays busiest times.
Top eBay tips
- Dont go crazy on the postage buyers are put off by high postage costs, so make it free or keep it low
- Answer questions quickly and always be polite and professional with buyers
- Think about the weather dont sell a faux fur coat in July!
- Dont post until youve received payment make sure its cleared before you send anything out.
- Jen Holmes (www.littlebirdfashion.com)