1. Always carry a pashmina on-board. The in-flight temperature can vary, plus, it's the perfect cover up if you're flying somewhere chilly. If you're heading for the sunshine, it slips easily into your hand luggage when you arrive.
2. Have a failsafe capsule wardrobe. Mine includes skinny jeans, boots and my River Island faux leather/ faux fur jacket. Unless I'm heading somewhere hot, when all you really need is a bikini and a credit card. Then, to the beach!
3. A travel adaptor. There's nothing worse than being stranded abroad with no way to charge your mobile or use your hair straightners. Buy one of the international plugs, which adapts to any country in the world.
4. Eyecream. Even if you don't use it at home, it's great for flying to avoid dry, puffy eyes, so you can emerge from a long haul flight looking fresh-faced and bright eyed.
5. E45 cream. Affordable, multi-purpose and it really works. Use it as a face or body moisturiser. I wouldn't fly without it.